Wellbeing Award for Schools
We are delighted to announce that in January 2022 the school was awarded the WAS Wellbeing Award!
The school has been working hard over the last year to ensure that mental health and wellbeing within the school community sit at the heart of school life. We therefore signed up to the Wellbeing Award which takes at least a year to achieve. Schools go through a process of self-evaluation, action planning, portfolio building and finally verification to show they have achieved the necessary standards. The award is built on a robust framework of eight objectives:
- Objective 1: The school is committed to promoting and protecting positive emotional wellbeing and mental health by achieving the Wellbeing Award for Schools.
- Objective 2: The school has a clear vision and strategy for promoting and protecting emotional wellbeing and mental health, which is communicated to all involved with the school.
- Objective 3: The school has a positive culture which regards emotional wellbeing and mental health as the responsibility of all.
- Objective 4: The school actively promotes staff emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Objective 5: The school prioritises professional learning and staff development on emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Objective 6: The school understands the different types of emotional and mental health needs across the whole-school community and has systems in place to respond appropriately.
- Objective 7: The school actively seeks the ongoing participation of the whole-school community in its approach to emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Objective 8: The school works in partnerships with other schools, agencies and available specialist services to support emotional wellbeing and mental health.
As a school, we will continue to work hard to ensure we support the whole school community. We are always open to suggestions, so please do email the school (email@example.com) if you have any wellbeing ideas you would like to put forward.