Monitor your Child:
Please monitor your child's computer usage at home and remember many of the popular Apps are aged 13 or older. Every major Internet provider such as Virgin Media, BT or Sky will have the option to filter out and block websites that are not child friendly.
The UK Safer Internet Centre offers videos which show a step-by-step guide on how to set this up.
Please be aware of how easily children can access the Internet (including Apps) on mobile phones and tablets. Ensure your devices have passwords or pass codes if you do not want your child to access something you have not pre-vetted. Children should ask an adult before they use any device.
Please talk to your children regularly about how to keep themselves safe online. Encourage them to visit the websites the school has given to educate themselves on current and new e-safety issues.
Guidance given at School:
Please remind your child to act responsibly as an Internet user. The children are taught in school how to keep themselves safe by:
- not sharing personal information with anyone they speak to online.
- treating others kindly online as they would in person.
- reporting anything they feel is suspicious to an adult.
- using search engines such as 'safe search' instead of Google
- Users should check the legal age required for any social networking site before creating an account.
- Users should check the legal age requirement for any computer games played (including those used on Play Station or Xbox).
Please refer to these guidelines on how to use Google Meet.
Useful websites with more information about E-Safety
Thinkuknow - With resources and advice for parents and children.
CBBC-Stay-Safe - Tips for staying safe online, songs, interviews and features.
UK Safer Internet Centre - Safety tips, advice & resources to help children & young people stay safe online.
Kidsmart - Lots of useful resources for staying safe on the Internet and other related technologies.
Purple Mash - Programme the children use in school. The company has just published some guidance for parents which you may find useful.
Online Safety Poster Advice:
(please click on the image to download)