Safer Internet Day
Old Bexley CE Primary celebrated Safer Internet Day on Tuesday 7 February 2023 with celebrations and learning based around the theme ‘Want to talk about it? Making space for conversations about life online’.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre, the celebration saw thousands of organisations get involved to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
In the UK, we celebrated by putting children and young people’s voices at the heart of the day and encouraged them to shape the online safety support that they receive.
This year, children looked at the following questions:
- What issues really matter to children and young people?
- What changes do they want to see?
- How can we all work together to advocate for them moving forward?
With your help, Safer Internet Day 2023 can be a springboard for conversations that shape how we talk about and respond to online issues, not just for one day, but throughout the whole year. Safer Internet Day is therefore a great opportunity to focus on online safety with your child, whatever their age. We have created a range of pages to help you start a conversation with your child, whatever that may be about and no matter how much time you have.
For other resources, tips, quizzes and films which you can use at home with your child, please refer to:
- Childnet (advice for parents and carers)
- Common Sense Media (reviews and information about games, apps, TV shows and websites)
- Internet Matters (parental controls and privacy settings)
- CEOP (information and reporting of online grooming or abuse)
Safer Internet Day 2024 will be held on 6 February 2024.